The Lloyds Story So Far - 6 years of blending Customer Research & Insight with Employee Engagement and Sentiment Analysis, and Optimising every stage of the Employee Lifecycle
David will share the journey he has led Lloyds Banking Group on since 2011, when a new CEO, a new regulatory environment and a new competitive playing field called for a radical overhaul of how employees are treated, monitored, nurtured and integrated into the new culture.
This far-reaching presentation will cover:
- Measuring both rational and emotional engagement
- A high-performance framework to understand different psychological states of employees
- Quickly arming line managers with the tools to deliver team performance and engagement
- Regression analysis to focus on key strengths as well as weaknesses
- Thematic analysis that links what people say in open text with how they score on surveys
- Moving from here to sentiment analysis, working with Customer Research and Insight
- Internal culture assessment, and monitoring progress via a culture dashboard
- Using ethnography to objectively assess workplace culture
- A New Joiners research tool, linked to EVP and Employer Brand
- Preparation for the 5-generation workplace
- Applying Customer Segmentation to the workforce
- Putting employee profiles through scenario engines to identify common drivers of engagement and performance
- Drawing all of this together through a business lens, servicing the objectives of different business units and being able to advise business and corporate strategy.
With a combination of content and interaction, David will arm attendees with some inspiring ideas about how to completely reimagine the way they monitor employees, and also, how they interact with them on a human level. Learn how to drive long-term engagement - both during and after employment - by harnessing the decades of successful work in the fields of Marketing and Customer Research/Insight.
David is currently the Group Head of Engagement & Insights and works closely with the Group’s Senior Executive team and their leadership teams to identify and develop strategic interventions to support delivery of the Group’s vision and strategy.
David has 15 years’ experience as an innovative and highly effective leader with a strong track record of delivering results in a multi-branded, multi-channel organisation. He has led the Group’s transformational approach to Engagement since the merger between Lloyds TSB and HBOS in 2009.
As Group lead on Culture between 2014 and 2016, he was also responsible for helping to shape the Group’s approach and providing regular updates to external regulators and other governing bodies. David is the Group lead for the Banking Standards Board (BSB) annual assessment of competence and behaviour across the financial services sector and works closely with the BSB to support their broader agenda.
David is a passionate and energetic leader, who enjoys working with senior leaders and line managers on all aspects of culture and engagement and has experience of working with teams in the UK, Europe and US.
He is actively involved in supporting the UK Government’s Engage for Success initiative and is Judge for a number of engagement related awards. As Senior Lead Assessor in the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM) programme, he has experience of leading organisational assessments across the Telecommunications, Technology, Automotive and Hospitality sectors in the UK and across Europe.
Track: GROW The Lloyds Story So Far – 6 years of blending Customer Research & Insight with Employee Engagement and Sentiment Analysis, and Optimising every stage of the Employee Lifecycle David will share the journey he has led Lloyds Banking Group on since 2011, when a new CEO, a new regulatory environment and a new […]